KRA Statutory Records Service
It is essential that you keep your company’s statutory records up-to-date. Do not underestimate the importance of these records – they are definitive proof of the company’s legal existence and its members, and include:
- · Register of shareholders
- · Minutes of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings
- · Register of directors and secretary
- · Register of charges
- · Register of directors’ interests in shares and debentures
- · Register of share or stock transfers
- · Register of debenture holders
- · Copies of directors’ service contracts
Annual returns and accounts
A company’s accounts and annual return must be filed annually with the Registrar of Companies. Non-compliance will render the company liable to dissolution with liabilities subsequent to the dissolution being the responsibility of the directors.
The Companies Act provides for the Registrar of Companies to charge penalties and fines:
- · £150-£7,500 penalty for late filing of accounts (the amount depends on the status of the company and the degree of lateness)
- · £7,500 maximum fine for failure to submit accounts
- · £7,500 maximum fine for failure to file the annual return
- · £5,000 maximum fine for failure to hold an AGM
- · £5,000 maximum fine for failure to notify any changes of officer, etc.
How we can help
As part of our service to client companies, we undertake on receipt of written instructions to keep the company’s statutory records up-to-date and forward the annual return and accounts to the company for approval before submitting them to the Registrar of Companies.
therefore if you would like us to form a company for you or need advice regarding your statutory records please call Keith Rogers Accountants on +44 (0) 20 3145 0995 so we can arrange a No obligation FREE initial meeting at one of our offices. If you are interested in instructing us we will offer you a FIXED FEE service with no hourly charges or hidden costs. You have unlimited telephone support during our opening hours to assist you in making the correct strategic decisions.